Translate

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

YesterEra

11 more days... eeekkkk! So as you can tell my wedding is a DIY/Handmade Wedding but what you don't know yet is that it also has vintage touches throughout. I love vintage, and swear I lived in another lifetime possibly in a couple different eras. After my wedding I will tell you about all the details and I will start featuring shops that I bought from.

During one of my searches on Etsy through chatting I found YesterEra, which is a shop inspired by fashions of the past. This shop has great wedding accessories including veils, hair accessories, and even lace garters.



Kelly is the owner of YesterEra and creates vintage inspired clothes and accessories, as well as wedding veils. She uses vintage patterns plus her own designs, and a mix of new and vintage fabric. She tries to create vintage style items that women today would want to wear. Kelly has been sewing since 2004, and she got started doing costuming. She eventually decided that she wanted to branch out into everyday clothing. Kelly got into making wedding veils because when she got married she made her own veil, and then had friends asking if I could make theirs. Kelly says, "the real kick in the butt to get my Etsy shop started was (unfortunately) losing my day job as a teacher. But on the bright side, I'm creating more than I ever have before."














Kelly said there's so much she loves about doing this. For the clothing, she loves being inspired by the past and being able to take a design into the present. It's hard for her to define her favorite time period to draw from, but she's in love with the pin-up look and the classic housewife look. Kelly also really really loves creating wedding veils, and thinks the wedding industry is disgustingly overpriced so... she's glad to offer them at an affordable price to brides.





To browse YesterEra's shop go to: www.etsy.com/shop/YesterEra

No comments:

Post a Comment