Translate

Monday, September 27, 2010

MDCardsandGifts

And the countdown begins... 13 more days until our big day. So reflecting back on the whole process I can't really say that I would change anything. I grew up in a small town in Ontario and had moved to Nova Scotia 3 years ago, so most everything was done from a distance. It was challenging at times but still enjoyable, it added another level of pressure to the mix which was good for distracting me from the little things that can bog you down. When I decided on my bridesmaids it was an easy choice because it fit with my intimate, non-traditional, DIY/Handmade Wedding. I choose three very close women (young lady included) in my life. For my Maid-of-Honour I chose my cousin who is like an older sister to me, when growing up she was the only female cousin I had. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding in 1999 when I was 14 and we have been close ever since. I even had the honour of being her second daughter's Godmother! For my Bridesmaids I chose my friend of 11 years, and my little sister who is 12 years younger than me! I would have loved to be in Ontario and have a little party with the girls to announce my decision to have them be a part of my special day but due to being 2200 Kilometers away all of my interactions were over the phone. I asked each one of them and they were all excited, my cousin was shocked that I was asking her to be my Maid-of-Honour and thought that I would have wanted to ask one of my "younger" friends.

One of the things I am most excited about the day before the wedding is spending the evening with my girls pampering ourselves (DIY manis, pedis, and facials) and spoiling them with DIY and Handmade gifts! Although I didn't think of including this great idea in their gifts you can certainly tie it in to your bridesmaids' gifts to finish off that handmade look.



Maggie of MDCardsandGifts started her shop as a way to sell sets of handmade cards. Once she made the first set of "Will you be my Bridesmaid" cards, they have taken off. Maggie has a whole section in her shop dedicated to "Wedding/Will You Be My..." and they are the primary items she sells now. What makes them different is that she can customize the colors of the cards to the color of the wedding.












Maggie can also do custom wording, she has done all bridal party cards from "Junior Bridesmaid" to "Reader". MDCardsandGifts sells quantities from 1 card to around 15. Here on her blog Random Occurrences, you can see photos of all her custom work (She adds to this list as she makes more cards). I think these cards add such a personal element to the choices a bride makes on her wedding day, and choosing your bridesmaids is almost as big as choosing your groom!

Check out MDCardsandGifts for ideas for your DIY/Handmade Wedding: www.etsy.com/shop/MDCardsandGifts

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for including my cards. The blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete